Monday, October 27, 2008

Jumping In

Some of my students made a leaf pile and had a great time jumping into it. Ah, the joys of autumn! I have been overwhelmed lately by the myriad of things I have to acoomplish in the next few weeks. Its easy to feel discouraged and incapable. But God is reminding me that He will be my strength when I don't have enough. His strength is made perfect in my weakness (2 Cor. 2:9).
Today I tried to do a push-up. I don't know what made me think it was even possible (I broke my arm about 5 weeks ago). I can't straighten my arm yet. I got into push-up position but my right arm was only able to hold enough weight to balance me. Its not a good feeling to feel weak. But Paul was happy about his weaknesses because God's power could be displayed. I want to see God's power displayed in my life! Week of Prayer at school. What a blessing to see the students on their knees in prayer!

3 comments:

holamickey said...

in the first picture of your students there is a girl in the middle not paying attention.
in the second picture of your students there is a really old student on the far side... will he be graduating soon?

Karlee said...

Your comments made me laugh Micheal! That girl...I'll have to speak with her parents! And the older student...we're going to keep him around for a while still :-)

It was a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Look, I'm famous!