
My little brother graduated from Parris Island (SC)Marine Corps basic training on Friday. I drove down with my parents and Rusty's girlfriend. My older brother and an aunt flew in. An uncle and three friends drove down also. We got to spend some time with him on Thursday (family day) touring the island. We had a great time, and of course, it was wonderful to see Rusty after 3 1/2 months.

This is the cleanest I have ever seen Rusty's bunk!

The flag raising the morning of graduation was awesome. It was beautiful weather with clear blue sky and the sun was shining perfectly on the flag. The Parris Island Marine band played some great songs.

The band played at the graduation ceremony also. There was a flyover by two F-18s, an appearance from Hummer, a bulldog that is the Marine Corps mascot, and they fired 13 shots from 2 cannons.

The drill instructors are lined up in the front.

Platoon 1009, B company, 1st battalion. (Rusty is the second one of the row on the far right)

My family.

Pvt. Marschner and Pvt. Black in front of the Iwo Jima Marine Memorial.

Me trying to look serious and tough like a Marine.

Aunt Kathy, me, and mom

Tatyana, Rusty, and me.

Rusty and Tatyana were crazy enough to jump in the ocean in the beginning of February!

My little brother - a United States Marine!
He didn't wear his dress blues for graduation, but he is going to wear them for church next week, so I'll post some more pictures later. Its hard to believe that my little brother is so grown up! Please keep him in your prayers. His next stop is Camp Lejeune, NC for some more training.
4 comments:
Dang! Your bro is ripped! That's awesome that he graduated. I'm happy for all you guys.
Karlee,
I enjoyed looking at the pictures! Love your blog! Rusty looks so handsome!! I wish I could have been there as well to see him graduate. But we all watched the video Rudy took. Ethan was very excited.
Love,
Stefanie
He's so grown up! Great pictures you took also.
~Rosa
Awww, your family must be so proud of your little bro. That's awesome! Your looking great too and your little students are awfully cute posers!
Miss ya!
Jessie
Post a Comment