
I went camping with my family for Labor Day weekend. There were 13 of my aunts, uncles, and cousins along with 3 other family friends. We had a wonderful time! On Saturday, I spent some time reading and then enjoyed nature and family. We did some singing with my cousin and her guitar.

Saturday night, we played a very long game of Uno. It lasted well over an hour!

On Sunday, we got out the guns for some target shooting - a favorite pass-time of many of my family members. I actually hit the target a few times.

I even did some skeet shooting with my mom. I didn't hit any the first 10 tries, but then I hit 7 of the next 10! After that, my arm was too tired to continue :-)

I had my first experience driving a two wheeled vehicle!! I've ridden plenty of motorcycles, but I had never driven something motorized with only two wheels. I finally got my chance. My cousins brought their dirt bikes. I started out on something small. My 12-year-old cousin Max took me on a long ride through the trails in the woods, the fields, and all over the countryside. It was beautiful and I really enjoyed the dirt bike. Next time, I'll try one of the bigger ones.

I also took a quick "swim" in the cold creek, slept under the stars, and ate a LOT of really good food. I'm glad that I was able to get away for the weekend and have such a great time. I am so thankful for times like that when I can forget the responsibilities and worries of day to day life and just have fun!
1 comment:
I thought only people from the South played with guns :-)
Post a Comment