Friday, September 14, 2007

Babies and birthdays

I was able to get a day off work to go to Michigan and see my beautiful nephews. Elliot was 3 weeks old, Ethan is 2 years old. It was so much fun to hang out with them and the rest of my family. Here are some pictures of Ethan and Elliot when they first met!
My brother is a Green Bay fan. He took a picture of Ethan in this cheese head hat when he got home from the hospital, and now he did the same for Elliot!

This is me with my two favorite little boys!!!


Monday, September 10 was my birthday. I had a wonderful "party" with my students. They gave me a mug, coaster, several erasers, a little wicker doll with a lace dress, a decorated paper box, and several drawings and pictures. The best gift that I got was from a little girl who wrote several Bible texts on an index card and then a few words reminding me of God's promises. That was really special!

My job takes up so much time and there are so many things that I want to do and don't have time for. At the end of the day, I am drained both physically and emotionally. But I have been blessed and priviledged to have some of the greatest people I know in my classroom. And there are so many little things that remind me each day of how blessed I am - things like a little girl reminding me of God's promises on my birthday!

This is what she wrote:
"Those people who know they have great spiritual needs are happy. The kingdom of heaven belongs to them. Those who are sad now will be happy. God will comfort them." (Matt. 5:3-4 NCV) God will comfort you when you are sad. "Those who give mercy to others are happy. Mercy will be given to them." (Matt. 5:7 NCV) Miss Marschner, God will give mercy to you. Happy Birthday!!

No comments: