Monday, September 24, 2007

I spent the weekend at Laurel Lake Camp leading the music for the Adventurer Retreat. The kids were a lot of fun! I took two of the older girls from the school to help play, sing, and do motions. The camp and the drive was beautiful since the leaves are starting to change color. I am so excited that fall is here. I love the autumn leaves!!! Keep checking back for updated pictures of the changing leaves.
Here is a really cute picture of Ethan that I took when I was in Michigan. He is walking along the shore of lake Michigan. I have had some great experiences recently with my students. Our theme for the first month of school was "heroes." The definition of a hero is someone who does everything they can to save the life of a person who would otherwise die. It is a great thing to save someone's physical life, but it is so much more important for us to be "spiritual heroes" - to do everything we can to save the "spiritual" life of someone who would otherwise die. The people who do everything they can to tell others about the love of God are the truest heroes!!

2 comments:

Caren said...

HI Karlee! You've got some great pics up here! I like the one of you at the river. BTW, how do you get it so that you can interspace words between the pics? I don't seem to have the savvy (it's probably something simple right?). Anyways, glad to see life is good for you and the new sib for your nephew is cute, too!

Karlee said...

I saw on your blog that you were able to get words between the pictures. I guess you figured it out without my help!