Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Out with the Old, and In with the New

No, I'm not talking about switching boyfriends (haha) :-) I'm talking about my hermit crab! After more than a year, he has finally changed his shell...twice! One of my students was feeding him and picked up the shell that she thought he was in. She ran to me and said, "Miss Marschner, Hermie ran away!" I went to check it out, and he had moved into a new shell. I took this picture a few days ago. Since then, he has changed shells again. I guess he's trying to find just the right fit. The shell on the right is his old home, the left is his new home. The one he is in now looks just like the left one but is slightly bigger. This may seem like its not a big deal, but things like this are momentous events in a lower elementary classroom!Last Sabbath afternoon, there seemed to be a lot of people who were sick, injured, out of town, or just tired. These two girls, however, were full of energy. So I took them to Fort Hunter along the river. We had a fun afternoon. They were both in my classroom for 2 years, but have now moved on to 6th grade. It was great to spend some time with them. This is the girls in front of Fort Hunter mansion.In the back yard.
Playing by the river.
More playing by the river.
Cleaning off the mud.
As I was driving to work, I had to sit in a traffic jam (luckily, it was only for a few minutes - I hate traffic!). The sunrise was so beautiful and I had my camera sitting on the front seat, so I took this picture. Isn't it amazing what God can do? "From the rising of the sun to its going down, the Lord's name is to be praised." Psalm 113:3 A few days ago, I spent some time after school at the mall. I haven't been to the mall in a long time! I love the feeling of walking down the mall carrying bags from some of my favorite stores. I know, its a very girly thing :-) Here are the bags I got to carry around.
I recently went to BMA for sports festival. I helped with the gymnastics class. I didn't get any pictures of myself in the gym, but I did get one in a cave. They took us on a trip to the nearby Chrystal Cave to give the kids a break from all the exercise they were doing. This is one of my students and I in the cave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you were being somewhat facetious when you told of the excitment with your Hermit Crab, but I actually thought it was pretty cool. Do you put a variety of different shells in there for him so he can pick the one that he likes?

P.S. I hope you feel a bit better now that you have a comment :)

Karlee said...

Yes, I do keep extra shells in the cage for the crab. I've had two in with him for the last year, but he never changed. When he finally changed, I went out and bought more of the next size up and put them in and he changed to one of those right away.

Thank you very much for your comment Phillip - it made my day!!

Anonymous said...

I love the sunset photo! So pretty. Are the leaves changing there yet? I sure miss the fall season out here.
-Michelle Y.

Caren said...

Such a cute crab! Well, the shells anyways. I'm guessing he was not receiving visitors at the time of the photo.