Monday, August 13, 2007

Out having fun!

Saturday night I got a chance to spend time with some friends. We spent some time at the batting cages and playing air hockey. We stayed up way too late having some great discussions. Its wonderful to spend time with such great people!!



The helmet was a little too big!



I was very thankful for the chance to have an evening of fun. Its so easy to get caught up in the difficulties of life and the troubles that are all around us. But God wants us to be joyful. Jesus came "that we may have life, and have it more abundantly." John 10:10 "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice." Philippians 4:4 It doesn't say rejoice when things go your way - it says ALWAYS! "Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 Again, it says always. "We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance, and perseverance character, and character hope." Romans 5:3-4 To "glory in tribulation" is not an easy thing to do. Praise God that He will help us. He can put that kind of joy in our hearts!

No comments: