Elliot Lee Marschner, my newest nephew, was born on Friday morning, August 17. Praise God he is healthy and beautiful!!
Last Friday night, after Elliot was born, I decided to look through a concordance and see what I could find in the Bible about newborn babies. I found many good verses, but here is my favorite. (Stefanie will especially appreciate this)
"Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow WILL be turned into joy. A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. Therefore you now have sorrow, but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you." John 16:20-22
I've heard many mothers talk about the pain of childbirth, but they would gladly go through it again (and many do) because what they receive at the end is worth the pain. The pain is forgotten because of the joy of the new baby. Jesus promises us a joy so great that any pain we had to endure in this life to follow Him will seem insignificant. When we look back at our life, we will see that all the trials were worth it to receive the "prize" at the end. What a wonderful promise!
3 comments:
Congratulations Auntie!!
-michelle
He is so adorable!Congrats to all! Hope your first day went well. ~rosa
He is adorable isn't he?! I can't wait to hold him - I'll be visiting in a few weeks.
The first two days of school have gone well, but I am definately in for a big challenge this year. Keep me in your prayers!
Post a Comment