I left Michigan, which was kind of sad, and now I'm back in Pennsylvania. I had to say goodbye to Ethan but I will see him again soon when I go out to visit my second nephew, who is soon to be born.
Getting Ethan up from his nap is the best time to spend with him - he is so cuddly then!!
Back in PA, I went to a church campout and saw one of the students from the school where I teach get baptized. I have known her since she was a baby, and I did Bible studies with her a few years ago. It was such a blessing to see her dedicate her life to God! Even though I do not have children of my own, this illustration really struck me recently (maybe it was because of the time I spent with Ethan). Even though I am a sinful person, I love to give or do things for the people I love that will make them happy. I never want to give them something that would hurt them. If I feel that way about the people I love, how much more must God feel that way about me!! He WANTS to give me good things! And he wants to keep me away from things that would hurt me, just like I wouldn't give Ethan cleaner to drink even though he thought it was juice and really wanted some. It is so hard for me to remember this when God says no or wait (and its really hard when I don't know which of those it is!). I know that God has the best in mind for me and He will work it out in His own perfect time. He will do the same for you!!
"I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:13-14
2 comments:
I thought I'd better comment since you responded to my email. I'm glad you had a good time up in Michigan. I know what you mean that just after nap time kids are the most cuddly. I love that time with Jordyn too.
You girls all look good together!!
-michelle
Post a Comment