Friday, March 09, 2007

They will bear thee up...

"For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." Psalm 91:11-12
My angels were hard at work last night. I live partway up a hill and my driveway is pretty long and steep. It snowed on Wednesday and the driveway did not get plowed. The snow was packed down from being driven on and had turned to ice. I attempted to drive up the hill, but didn't make it. I was backing down to try again (I had made it up the night before on my third try) and lost control on the ice. I picked up speed and slid off the driveway near the bottom and almost went backwards over a drop-off. Thankfully, my car got hung up in the center. Only one wheel was on the ground. It was a scary experience and I am very thankful for God's protection. My car was not even damaged!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Karlee, I'm SO glad you're ok. How scary!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're okay too. That was a pretty close call!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karlee,

That was certainly a close call. Be careful girl, you're my only niece, and I'm kind of fond of you. It was fun seeing pics of your students I recognize some of them. Take care.
I can't believe I just blogged. I've never blogged before!!! YooHooo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad you are okay. Be safe in that snow!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'm glad I'm okay too! It was scary.
Aunt Kathy, congratulations on your first blogging experience! I'm so proud!