Sunday, December 16, 2007

Storms

There have been storms in the weather and storms in life recently. We've had two ice storms in the last few days. School was canceled for one day because of the first storm. The current storm came on Saturday night and Sunday (today) so it hasn't affected school so far.

I have been having a difficult time at school lately. A lot of different situations are escalating all at the same time. Its easy to feel like we are fighting a losing battle, but I realize that Satan is working really hard to make me feel that way. The students are being attacked by Satan in so many ways. It seems impossible that my efforts, which are so filled with mistakes and inconsistencies, can do any good in their lives. I thought of a song yesterday that was very encouraging. The words are from Zechariah 4:6. "It's not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit." II Corinthians 12:9-10 says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infimities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, indistresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am made strong." That is such an amazing promise. Jesus promised that His strength is at its best in our weaknesses. Paul was glad for his weaknesses for because of them, Christ's power was able to work in him.

A friend reminded me that we all make mistakes and we will continue to make mistakes until Jesus comes again. But God has not called only the perfect people to do His work. He could use angels to tell the world about Him, but He doesn't. He calls us, with all our weaknesses and imperfections and mistakes. I pray that you and I will allow God to work through us and that Satan will not be able to make us feel that our efforts are worthless. Many times that is something we have to take on faith because we cannot see results from our efforts. Psalm 27:13 "I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." David believed that he would see God's goodness and he did. The next few chapters are full of praise to God for answered prayer, help in trouble, forgiveness, happiness, etc. We have to believe that we will see God's goodness in our lives as well, becuase "He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

Outside my window, the sleet has stopped and it is now snowing. My students love going sledding on the little hill behind our school.
Now the snow has stopped and the sun came out. There are actually patches of blue sky showing. The sun is glistening on the ice covered trees and it looks amazingly beautiful!! The pictures just can't show how beautiful it is! Merry Christmas to all of you - I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say it was so nice seeing your cute nephews! Have a wonderful vacation :)