Monday, October 22, 2007

Apples and Tomatoes

Last week, my classroom went on a field trip. We went to a historic mansion, a children's museum, and the farmer's market. At the market, I bought apples and tomatoes. Then I spent all day on Sunday turning them into apple sauce, tomato sauce, and spaghetti sauce. It was hard work, but it was fun!

April, notice that I used the apple corer/slicer that you gave me. It is no substitute for a guy cutting my fruit, but it sure made making applesauce a lot easier!! :-)

On Saturday, I went hiking at a place called Boxcar Rocks. It has that name because it is a really long line of rectangular rocks on their sides. It looks like a train of rocks. We climbed all over them and had a great time. I was wishing that I had some gear to do some real climbing - there were even bolts in the rocks at a few places. Maybe next time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karlee said...

Brett, the climbing sounds like fun. But I have to admit that I am quite scared of placing my own gear and doing trad climbing. I just don't have enough nerve for that yet :-) And since I'm not getting any younger, I probably never will. I'll stick with using someone else's bolts. But I think it's awesome that you are doing it! Say hi to my mates in Oz!

Caren said...

Karlee that looks like so much fun! I remember a time when Hooper and I made fresh apple juice with fresh apples in this press his parents had. Yum, yum! Send me some sauce if you have too much!;)

Anonymous said...

I'll probably see you before you read this but Rocky and I have good news! The date is not set in stone yet but Nov 17th in the afternoon rocky and I are privatly getting baptized :-)

Karlee said...

Praise God!!! Congratulations!! That is very exciting. I am happy for both of you :-) It is so awesome to see God working in you and Rocky's lives.

Phillip said...

You look quite domesticated cutting up all those apples :) I bet they tasted really good!

Phillip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.