Friday evening, I went to a vespers at the beach. The sunset was beautiful! I felt like God was speaking to me personally and reminding me of how much he loves me. I was also able to go to a vespers on Saturday evening at a park. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to worship with other Christian young people. I was greatly blessed by both experiences.
I have been on the lookout lately for some memorable quotes. I have found several. On Sunday, I met with one of my classes to watch the movie "Ghandi." I had never seen the movie before, and I was very impressed. Here is a quote from the movie that caught my attention:
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." Ghandi
This one was mentioned in one of my classes:
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing about." Blaise Pascal
This is something that my professor said in class that impressed me so much I had to write it down:
"I am confident - not because I have all truth - but because I have a relationship with the God of absolute truth." Dr. Matthews
If you have some time, tell me what you think of these.
3 comments:
Good quotes...how about this one...
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius
and another one for us teachers...
By learning you will teach;
by teaching you will understand.
Latin Proverb
Thanks for sharing those quotes Jessie. They are both good ones.
The second one I have found to be very true - I have learned A LOT by teaching!
here's another quote for you!
Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~Author Unknown
Post a Comment